Discover Dublin’s rich history, folklore, and its unique atmosphere on an incredible bike tour of Dublin with a friendly guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Minimum: 4 persons per booking
Biking Tour of U2’s Dublin
If you’re a fan of Ireland’s – perhaps the world’s – greatest rock band, you might like to explore with us the world conquering quartet’s hometown. What was Dublin like when the band members were growing up? What were the influences that shaped their music? On our three-hour U2 bike tour you can see:
- The music venue with the band’s lyrics on the wall
- The school that expelled Bono
- The Project Arts Centre where they met their manager, opposite their Clarence Hotel
- Windmill Lane, location of the building (sadly demolished), where their early recordings were made
- The band’s Hanover Studio in the south docklands
- The Grand Canal lock where the cover of “October” was shot
- The site of their famous Dandelion Market early gigs
- The shop that gave Bono his name
- The Oscar Wilde quote Bono chose at the Merrion Square memorial
We also stop at Dublin Castle, Guinness, O’Connell Street, and other places, to get a sense of the U2 home town, its history and character – a basic understanding of their hometown.
Note: Participants must be competent cyclists. We also insist that hi-vis bibs and helmets are worn. It is a condition of participating in the U2 bike tour. Also, advance booking essential.